Old? RokSprocket extension won't let any of the links in my admin work anymore

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 5.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
timster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Old? RokSprocket extension won't let any of the links in my admin work anymore

Post by timster » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am

What is showing:

An error has occurred.
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication::isAdmin()

but nothing in my Admin in terms of links, logout etc is working, all disabled? How do I troubleshoot this if I can''t even access my backups?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Old? RokSprocket extension won't let any of the links in my admin work anymore

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:19 am

Enable Debug in configuration.php and set Error Reporting to 'maximum'.

Examine the Stack Trace.

Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication::isAdmin() was changed to isClient('Administrator ').

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Old? RokSprocket extension won't let any of the links in my admin work anymore

Post by toivo » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:24 am

The last version of RokSprocket, v2.1.28, was released four years ago, a couple of days after Joomla 3.9.18 was released. The Joomla core has changed a lot after that and therefore RokSprocket is not compatible with Joomla 5.

Use phpMyAdmin in the cPanel page, provided by your host, and edit the database table _extensions to disable the troublesome module. Browse until you find the module with the name mod_roksprocket, modify the column 'enabled' from 1 to 0 and save the row.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

timster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by timster » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:47 am

Thanks guys I'll do some variation of that. This Joomla install is on a Google cloud VM instance and I'll have to figure out how to get at the files/database.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 5.x”