Remove module borders

Need help installing Joomla! 5.x? For all Joomla! 5.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Windwood
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Remove module borders

Post by Windwood » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:24 pm

Is there a way to remove all module borders from my site. I seem to remember that I instituted them all from one single location a long time ago, but can't remember where. I have managed to deal with just one of them individually but I don't think this is the most effective route. Any help appreciated.

https://wvwaterfalls.com/

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Remove module borders

Post by cmbay » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 pm

It appears that you are using the card Module Style (on the Advanced tab). Try the noCard style or one of the system module styles.

When you are able, pass the site through an HTML validator and fix all the reported errors.

While you're working on the site, disable JCH Optimize.
Charles

Windwood
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Windwood » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 pm

Thank you, Charles. Do I have to edit each module individually or is there a central location to accomplish this. I checked Global Configuration-Modules and there are no settings there.

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:10 pm

Windwood wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 pm
Do I have to edit each module individually or is there a central location to accomplish this. I checked Global Configuration-Modules and there are no settings there.
I couldn't find it either. Also, it is apparently not available as a batch process. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the subject will post an answer here soon.
If you have more than a few dozen to do, you might try modifying the database through an SQL query in the PHPMyAdmin of your hosting company's control panel. I've had success with asking Perplexity.ai to construct the query for me.
Charles

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:54 pm

The Default Style is set in the template for each position.

See jdoc statements.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 5.x”