Getting errored RSS Feeds with RSS Feeds disabled Topic is solved

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 4.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 4.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
DV-admin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Getting errored RSS Feeds with RSS Feeds disabled

Post by DV-admin » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:59 pm

I am going to try in this forum because Joomla Admin 4 isnt helping and this is in fact growing into ta huge SEO problem with duplicate content.

I am running two Joomla installation under a domain, one for /en and one in /nl. it is a BIG site. I have set Integration OFF on all my menu items but none the less I still have RSS feeds creating themselves which I do not know how to get rid of. I am not really a novice to Joomla so it's really starting to bother me.

Google finds masses of faulty urls created by these RSS files because for some or other reason it prints inside CDATA the directory double so I have f.e.

Code: Select all

https://www.dolcevia.com/en//en/images/ 
Feel free to look at one of these files (but please dont click anything): https://www.dolcevia.com/en/articles?fo ... d&type=rss

In addition links added from the Links menu in the editor added through the interface and print something like this in the link item

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=160:ischia-shines-under-the-shadow-of-vesuvius&catid=22:articles&Itemid=1408 
results in this:

https://www.dolcevia.com/en/en/articles/ischia-shines-under-the-shadow-of-vesuvius

:( >:(

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Getting errored RSS Feeds with RSS Feeds disabled

Post by ceford » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:22 pm

As your site map is generated with JSitemap Pro I think you need to take this up with the supplier of that extension.

Betinalock
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Getting errored RSS Feeds with RSS Feeds disabled

Post by Betinalock » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:53 am

It seems like you've disabled RSS Feeds in your Joomla Admin, but they are still being generated. To ensure they are truly disabled, please double-check the following:

1) Go to your Joomla Admin panel.
2) Navigate to Extensions > Plugins.
3) Search for and disable any RSS-related plugins, such as "Content - Syndication" or similar.

Perhaps you should also try and check your Joomla Global Configuration under the "Integration" tab and ensure "Feed Link" is set to "Hide."

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 4.x”