Password Expiration Policy

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ralphlorem
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Password Expiration Policy

Post by ralphlorem » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:13 pm

Hello.

I am curious if anyone can shed some light on this functionality that was easily achievable on Joomla 3, but seems to not be as popular in the time of Joomla 4 and 5.

I am looking to implement a "password expiration policy" for my Joomla 4 site, where in x days, a user would be required to reset their password.

On a current Joomla 3 website I am utilizing the plugin "Password Control" by Macrotone Consulting - It works perfectly, expiring user passwords after x days since the user's last reset. The only issue is that the company, Macrotone, seems to have gone MIA and have not updated their website since ... 2016.

On a current Joomla 4 build I attempted to use the plugin "Force Password Reset" by Eclent, though, it appears that this plugin does not actually work or do anything at all.

There is another paid plugin I have yet to try, but I am incredibly hesitant to do so because their website does not seem the most.. trustworthy ?

ANYWAY. I would love to have the ability to require a password reset on my user's accounts after X days. Does anyone know of any reliable Joomla 4 extensions that will allow for this ? It would be pretty cool if the Joomla devs would implement this in the core .. thanks

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”