Uninstall Virtuemart there is an error

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
cobra-arbok
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Uninstall Virtuemart there is an error

Post by cobra-arbok » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:24 pm

Joomla 4.4.4 has Virtuemart 4.0.12 installed which cannot be updated.
Furthermore I see that in the database there are both tables with the prefix used for the Joomla installation and tables without the prefix.
I would like to delete everything, but selecting the package gives me the error "Package Uninstall: Missing manifest file".

Since it's not being used, how do I remove it completely?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 5.x General Questions
My latest works
https://sommaruga.eu/ Website for a professional

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Uninstall Virtuemart there is an error

Post by AMurray » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:43 pm

Please confirm if you are using J4 or J5. (You have posted in the J5 forum but your question concerns J4). Virtuemart listing on the JED doesn't indicate it is J5 compatible (either by the J5 tag or the J5 -backward compatibility plugin tag).

I expect the best you can do is delete all the files/folders concerning VM and then remove all the VM-related tables in the database. You will need phpMyAdmin access to get into the database to drop (delete) the relevant tables.

I wouldn't think any database tables would have "no prefix". Do you mean they have a different prefix other than the prefix Joomla is currently using?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

cobra-arbok
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cobra-arbok » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 am

Thanks for your reply.
AMurray wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:43 pm
Please confirm if you are using J4 or J5. (You have posted in the J5 forum but your question concerns J4). Virtuemart listing on the JED doesn't indicate it is J5 compatible (either by the J5 tag or the J5 -backward compatibility plugin tag).
I'm working on the J4. J5 is under modification.
In fact the problem also exists in J5 because it is a restore of a backup made on J4 and it brought the problem with it.
If it's incompatible, that's another good reason to remove it.

AMurray wrote:
I wouldn't think any database tables would have "no prefix". Do you mean they have a different prefix other than the prefix Joomla is currently using?
No, in fact, if I check better, they are indexes.

AMurray wrote:
I expect the best you can do is delete all the files/folders concerning VM and then remove all the VM-related tables in the database. You will need phpMyAdmin access to get into the database to drop (delete) the relevant tables.
The problem is that I don't know where those folders are nor which indexes to delete because most are not immediately identifiable with "virtuemart_".
I imagine some of them are from VM because they refer to products or shipments, but there are many others that have a generic name to be removed without knowing what they are for.
My latest works
https://sommaruga.eu/ Website for a professional

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 am

cobra-arbok wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 am

The problem is that I don't know where those folders are nor which indexes to delete because most are not immediately identifiable with "virtuemart_".
Hi.You can find instructions for deleting on the official website of Virtuemart. It describes what files and database tables are required to be deleted manually. No one knows this by heart, so it’s pointless to look for the answer about this subject on the forum.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”