Caching not showing effect in pagespeed insight

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
lovejoomi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Caching not showing effect in pagespeed insight

Post by lovejoomi » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Goodday everyone,

So I've been working on my website SEO a bit using Pagespeed Insight tool, enabled caching just the way I did on my other website and yet I see the results that its not enabled. I followed the guidelines here https://docs.joomla.org/Cache same as what I did for my other joomla 3. website but this one is playing the hard ball.

I tried both conservative and progressive caching and no results. Still when I check pagespeed insight it shows that same elements are not using cache. But when I visit my website, I can tell it is using cache as each webpage I visit for the 2nd time loads super fast.

remi111
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Caching not showing effect in pagespeed insight

Post by remi111 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:38 am

I've seen some times with Pagespeed Insight it takes a while (several days or longer) to refresh and get accurate answers. Best to retest after a week and see if you're still getting the same results.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”