Hotspot solution

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
talsadmin2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hotspot solution

Post by talsadmin2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

On my website I have a number of old school photographs showing a group of about 30 class members from the 60's in each photo. In order to show people's names I have created a copy of the image and manually superimposed numbers above or below each person in an image editor, these numbers correspond to a list of names etc at the bottom of the photo. A time consuming and untidy solution.

What I am looking for is a hotspot type solution where I can place a separate hotspot over each member in the image so that when the cursor is over a particular member it will show their name and a few particulars etc. but I don't want it to be a hyperlink because it won't go anywhere.

Has anyone done this type of thing before or can suggest a Joomla extension that would do this?

Regards

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Hotspot solution

Post by Webdongle » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:48 pm

http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

talsadmin2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Hotspot solution

Post by talsadmin2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:56 am

Hi, thanks Webdongle for your reply. I have found a module that seems to do the trick called Hotspotter, I don't know if anyone has used this before but it seems to be ideal for what I want, however it comes with limited instructions. I have got it to work and for the image to display on my page but the hotspots do not seem to work, however if I click on the Inspect tool to see the code they seem to work and still work even after I close the Inspect tool, but once I refresh then they are gone again. Is there a setting somewhere in Joomla that I need to change or some plugin that has not been activated?

Regards

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”